The Neurobehavioral Research Laboratory and Clinic (NRLC) maintains this website and participates in a variety of social media to advance our mission. The following provides some detail of these activities.
In additional to our division website on the UTHSCSA domain, we maintain this website to:
- disseminate and provide technical support for the software we have developed for the assessment of human behavior
- communicate educational content on mental health topics
- advertise enrollment opportunities for ongoing studies
- broadcast our employment and volunteer opportunities
- promote our research activities
The website, designed by Pixel Brain Design and maintained by Charles Mathias, is best viewed at resolutions of 1024x768 or greater.
The NRLC logo was designed to represent our multi-disciplinary, translational approach to research. The three primary elements are the head, the axon, and the green background. The blue head and white/blue axon represent the brain and our study of the biological basis for behavior as well as the target for pharmacological interventions. The green background represents the environmental. The environment influences the behaviors that we study and provides a context for interpreting these behaviors. The environment also represents the context within which our community efforts occur to prevent substance use involvement. The NRLC uses an integrated approach to each of these elements in order to advancing our efforts at the understanding, treatment, and prevention of mental health issues.
We utilize a variety of social media sites to pursue the mission of the Division of Neurobehavioral Research. Some of these sites have features allowing for commenting on our posted materials. The following is our policy on commenting, which has been adapted from the policy published by the Mayo Clinic.
We encourage your comments, and hope the discussions prove beneficial for all parties. While we are unable to respond to every comment, we make an effort to review all posted comments. We also expect a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language are out-of-bounds.
By posting any comments, posts or other material on NRLC sites, you give the NRLC the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media.
You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by the NRLC in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note multiple times or "spam."
The NRLC reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with this policy.
- Terminate a user's access to the feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any posted communications, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify the NRLC against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.