Departments of Psychiatry and Pharmacology
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Dr. Javors is a Professor in the Division of Alcohol and Drug Addiction at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA) and an active collaborator on projects within the Neurobehavioral Research Division. Dr. Javors is director of the Biological Psychiatry Analytical Laboratory, which is located in the Department of Psychiatry at UTHSC. The BPAL provides a wide variety of biochemical measurements related to psychiatric research.
Dr. Javors has been an active collaborator on many of the NRLC studies. Much of this work involves characterization of serotonin function and its relationship to impulsivity among the various clinical groups we work with. Dr. Javors has also been a mentor to Dr. Hill-Kapturczak in her transition to applying her molecular biology skills to Psychiatry.
- Biochemical markers of alcohol consumption
- Biochemical markers of nicotine use
- Serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine transporters
- Measurement of catecholamines in various tissues
- Membrane transducing systems
- Second messenger function of Ca2+
- Development of analytical tests for psychotherapeutic drugs
|1967||B.A.||Pharmacy||The University of Texas at Austin|
|1979||Ph.D.||Pharmacy (Pharmacology)||The University of Colorado at Boulder|
|1982||Internship||Pharmacology||The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio|